Welcome to our Forum, Guest.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Help/FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions. You may have to Login or Register, before you can post: click the register link below to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Welcome to the Avon RC Flyer's Forum.

Random Quote: Spotted on the back of a T-shirt worn by LAPD Bomb Squad: If you see me running, try to keep up.

Gallery Home Page

NEWS:
See our new field weather station!
  Home Weather Network Avon Field Weather Field Wind Speed Field Orientation Gallery Home Gallery Pictures MembersLoginRegisterAwardsQuizzesGuestbookContactHelp  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Message from NRCM (Read 3,149 times)

Revx
Trainer Box
Your a Star

Forum User

LastOn: Dec 15th, 2019
Join: Aug 12th, 2011

New Glasgow
Zodiac sign: Gemini

Mood:

Show the link to this post Message from NRCM
Oct 17th, 2011 at 7:23pm

Hi Guys
We are sorry to have to tell our members(NRCM) this news. As some of you have already heard, one of our founding members and good friend of NRCM has sadly passed away. Peter Lann passed away this morning from complications brought on by a heart attack last week. Peter was a great guy to fly with both indoor and out and was a joy to be around. He just loved flying. He was looking forward to the indoor season which was suppose to have started tonight but was postponed till next week due to his condition. Peter was also one of approx 10 people that originally started Northumberland RC Modelers over 25 years ago. And has always enjoyed flying both planes and recently helicopters. We were glad to have had the privilege to fly with him for the past 4 years both indoor and out. With the passing of Peter is has left a hole in our club, one we must now fill with good memories. Knowing Peter the way most of the NRCM members did, he would want us not to morn and be sad, but rather, get back up in the air and enjoy what brought us all together in the first place......FLYING !

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Peter at this difficult time. At the moment we know that Thursday Oct 20 2011 will be visitation rights and Friday the funeral. Times will be posted soon.

Paul Sinnis, President NRCM
Mike Notley, Sectary / Treasure NRCM

IP Logged

Fingers
YaBB Moderator
I still got all five!
Your a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a Star

Forum User

LastOn: Today
Join: Mar 22nd, 2010

Dartmouth
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Awards: 3
Post 2Yr AwardAvon RC flyers MemberTop Poster Award

Mood:

Show the link to this post Re: Message from NRCM
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 7:27pm

being one of the "old guys" I flew with Peter years ago, back when pattern was in vogue, and IMAC was making its first run. He is a good guy, and I'll miss him.

Karma is everything

IP Logged

Revx
Trainer Box
Your a Star

Forum User

New Glasgow

Mood:

Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 1:36am

Ok Guys heres the update from Ben:

Thanks everyone for your kind words... I really appreciate it. My Dad really died much too early, we had a lot more to do together in life... I am going to miss him greatly.

As Mike mentioned earlier, visitation for my Father will be held on Thursday from 2-4pm and 7-9pm at the H.W. Angus Funeral Home in New Glasgow. His funeral is scheduled for Friday at 3pm at the 1st Presbyterian Church on MacLean Street. We are having a pot luck dinner after the funeral on Friday at the family house in Churchville and you are all welcome to come.

-Ben

IP Logged

Revx
Trainer Box
Your a Star

Forum User

New Glasgow

Mood:

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 8:11pm

Hey Guys for all that are intresested. Paul,myself and Dave will be attending the wake at 7:00pm. If others want to join us we will be there at 7:00pm.

IP Logged

Fingers
YaBB Moderator
I still got all five!
Your a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a Star

Forum User

LastOn: Today
Join: Mar 22nd, 2010

Dartmouth
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Awards: 3
Post 2Yr AwardAvon RC flyers MemberTop Poster Award

Mood:

Reply #4 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 1:03pm

love to but as usual I'm working - have annual meeting for condo corp

Give my best to Ben and the family please..

Karma is everything

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Facebook Twitter Google Digg del.icio.us reddit Linked in MySpace StumbleUpon Yahoo
Send Topic Print

Link to This Topic