Welcome to our Forum, Guest.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Help/FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions. You may have to Login or Register, before you can post: click the register link below to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Welcome to the Avon RC Flyer's Forum.

Random Quote: Sorry, I don't date outside my species.

Gallery Home Page

NEWS:
See our new field weather station!
  Home Weather Network Avon Field Weather Field Wind Speed Field Orientation Gallery Home Gallery Pictures MembersLoginRegisterAwardsQuizzesGuestbookContactHelp  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Payment of 2024 MAAc DUES. (Read 550 times)

Fingers
YaBB Moderator
I still got all five!
Your a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a Star

Forum User

LastOn: Today
Join: Mar 22nd, 2010

Dartmouth
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Awards: 3
Post 2Yr AwardAvon RC flyers MemberTop Poster Award

Mood:

Show the link to this post Payment of 2024 MAAc DUES.
Dec 8th, 2023 at 6:50pm

Members,

Just a gentle reminder, please renew your membership with MAAC prior to expiry December 31. Our new Site Operating Certification (SOC) process introduces new issues if a club or personal membership expires as follows.

IF your club membership is due to expire on Dec 31st, 2023 and IF you do not renew prior to that date, your Club SOC automatically expires. That means the site cannot be used by members because it might not meet our CAR obligations and there is no insurance coverage.

The same applies to any members issued a Personal Flying Site SOC - please renew your membership prior to Dec 31, 2023.

MAAC will process any renewals received after Jan 01, 2024, but any surge of renewals will generate delays due to workload issues.

We do apologize for the fact this was not well communicated prior to now - MAAC has many issues to resolve and right now our focus is on expanding flying privileges, such as exemption requests and other options.

Thank you for your understanding.

"This is a reminder sent from MAAC to all members. You should have it in your email in-box.

Karma is everything

IP Logged

KevinM
Club Member
Your a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a Star

Forum User

LastOn: Yesterday
Join: Sep 30th, 2019

Zodiac sign: Scorpio

Mood:

Show the link to this post Re: Payment of 2024 MAAc DUES.
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2023 at 10:40pm

The way I read that e-mail it was for CLUB Executive that had to re-new their membership prior to Dec 31st or the Club SOC would be effected, not the common member. I maybe wrong but will be renewing  prior to end month anyway.

Kevin
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2023 at 10:41pm by KevinM »  
IP Logged

Fingers
YaBB Moderator
I still got all five!

Forum User

Dartmouth

Mood:

Reply #2 - Dec 9th, 2023 at 10:51pm

KevinM wrote on Dec 8th, 2023 at 10:40pm:
The way I read that e-mail it was for CLUB Executive that had to re-new their membership prior to Dec 31st or the Club SOC would be effected, not the common member. I maybe wrong but will be renewing  prior to end month anyway.

Kevin

Could well be Kevin. i took the other approach based on "process introduces new issues if a club or
personal membership
expires as follows."

I'm likely wrong....

Karma is everything

IP Logged

KevinM
Club Member

Forum User

Mood:

Reply #3 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 8:09pm

If me as an ordinary member of Avon does not renew my MAAC membership prior to 1 Jan ...that should not impact the Avon club from operating. IF that does then any and all members leaving MAAC would shutdown a lot of clubs. Again if that is true, then MAAC has a severe issue with their processes and needs to get their act together. I'm hoping it is just the Executive of all clubs must register their club for the upcoming year and have a valid MAAC membership in order for their club to continue to operate IAW their SOC.
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2023 at 8:10pm by KevinM »  
IP Logged

Fingers
YaBB Moderator
I still got all five!

Forum User

Dartmouth

Mood:

Reply #4 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 10:02pm

Well, dunno. At least Avon is registered until Dec 2025.

As for the executive, not sure where you're seeing that, but no matter. Our ZD clarified it for me just a while back. Only the actual CLUB registration is of concern in this memo. Individual membership is only relevant to those who have private flying sites on their property.

Karma is everything

IP Logged

KevinM
Club Member

Forum User

Mood:

Reply #5 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 10:13pm

Holy Crap they need to use the English language a whole lot better!! Such a wordy email has caused a lot of concern where none existed.. and The club registration was all that needed to be conveyed.  Boy o' Boy Glad you got that cleared up!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Facebook Twitter Google Digg del.icio.us reddit Linked in MySpace StumbleUpon Yahoo
Send Topic Print

Link to This Topic