Welcome to our Forum, Guest.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Help/FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions. You may have to Login or Register, before you can post: click the register link below to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Welcome to the Avon RC Flyer's Forum.

Random Quote: Copywight 1994 Elmer Fudd. All wights wesewved.

Gallery Home Page

NEWS:
See our new field weather station!
  Home Weather Network Avon Field Weather Field Wind Speed Field Orientation Gallery Home Gallery Pictures MembersLoginRegisterAwardsQuizzesGuestbookContactHelp  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Blue Skies Frank! (Read 1,193 times)

al
Aerobatic Pilot
Your a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a Star

Forum User

LastOn: Mar 22nd, 2024
Join: Apr 26th, 2012

Zodiac sign: Aries

Mood:

Show the link to this post Blue Skies Frank!
May 21st, 2020 at 12:08pm

Blue skies Frank! It is with a heavy heart I write a bit of a tribute to friend Frank X MacDonald who passed away at his home in Antigonish earlier this week. I’ve known Frank for quite a while and met him through our mutual hobby of flying model airplanes. Frank was well known and respected in the modeling community. He was also an avid kayaker and photographer and posted many photos and videos of his kayak adventures on his face book page. Similarly he also did a lot of bicycling and lately had posted videos and accounts of his adventures with that , often bicycling 50-60 kilometers on any trip. Frank used to drive to Stellarton on dark winter nights where we met at the community college gym there to fly indoor model airplanes during the winter months. Many of the Northumberland RC Modelers club members were Frank’s friends and he will be missed in that group. We modelers hold an annual father’s day weekend fly-in at the Margaree airport ever June and that was the last time I saw Frank in person, having breakfast with him on several mornings at the Dancing Goat near the airport. Many attendees of that event from the Maritimes and further knew Frank from that event. Frank often commented and teased me about my photos on Face book, I will miss that friendly banter! Here are two photos of Frank with his model Mosquito, a British WW2 fighter/bomber. My son Jon had the same model and I made these images at a winter model meet in New Minas in 2011. The two had much fun that day.

DSC_1992_1.jpg (95 KB | 89 )
DSC_1992_1.jpg
DSC_2045_1__1_.jpg (97 KB | 97 )
DSC_2045_1__1_.jpg

IP Logged

Fingers
YaBB Moderator
I still got all five!
Your a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a Star

Forum User

LastOn: Today
Join: Mar 22nd, 2010

Dartmouth
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Awards: 3
Post 2Yr AwardAvon RC flyers MemberTop Poster Award

Mood:

Show the link to this post Re: Blue Skies Frank!
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2020 at 12:31pm

Oh my goodness. What a shock. Thanks for the post Al.

Karma is everything

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Facebook Twitter Google Digg del.icio.us reddit Linked in MySpace StumbleUpon Yahoo
Send Topic Print

Link to This Topic