Welcome to our Forum, Guest.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Help/FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions. You may have to Login or Register, before you can post: click the register link below to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Welcome to the Avon RC Flyer's Forum.

Random Quote: Member: HARRISBURG POSTAL EMPLOYEES GUN CLUB

Gallery Home Page

NEWS:
See our new field weather station!
  Home Weather Network Avon Field Weather Field Wind Speed Field Orientation Gallery Home Gallery Pictures MembersLoginRegisterAwardsQuizzesGuestbookContactHelp  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
covid-19 field status (Read 1,478 times)

Fingers
YaBB Moderator
I still got all five!
Your a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a Star

Forum User

LastOn: Yesterday
Join: Mar 22nd, 2010

Dartmouth
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Awards: 3
Post 2Yr AwardAvon RC flyers MemberTop Poster Award

Mood:

Show the link to this post covid-19 field status
May 3rd, 2020 at 11:19am

I had a call from Jim Sutherland, Truro Club, last evening about field status  as a result of the revised precautions in place. He said that is discussion with 811, he was told that RC Flying did NOT fit in with the relaxed restrictions so they/we. couldn't fly.

Today I spoke to 811, got a nice lady who couldn't think of any reason  why RC flying shouldn't be allowed as long as we distance, and take all the precautions. She did agree with me, though, that the RCMP are the ones who would give the ticket.....Tomorrow morning when the detachment opens I will call the detachment and see what the officers say. Let you know.
If any of you have other postings, use this thread to keep it all together....

Monday, May 4th - speaking to the Windsor Detachment of the RCMP this morning, they have no problem with us flying at the field, which,  in their opinion  falls under sports field, so it's available. They also confirmed, because it is a sports field, the 5 person does NOT apply. As long as we social distance we are good to go.
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2022 at 1:23pm by Fingers »  

Karma is everything

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Facebook Twitter Google Digg del.icio.us reddit Linked in MySpace StumbleUpon Yahoo
Send Topic Print

Link to This Topic