Welcome to our Forum, Guest.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Help/FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions. You may have to Login or Register, before you can post: click the register link below to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Welcome to the Avon RC Flyer's Forum.

Random Quote: I AM serious! And stop calling me Shirley!

Gallery Home Page

NEWS:
See our new field weather station!
  Home Weather Network Avon Field Weather Field Wind Speed Field Orientation Gallery Home Gallery Pictures MembersLoginRegisterAwardsQuizzesGuestbookContactHelp  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ruff start (Read 2,227 times)

yorcram
Club Member
Your a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a Star

Forum User

LastOn: Apr 15th, 2024
Join: Mar 12th, 2015

Sackville,NS
Awards: 1
Avon RC flyers Member

Mood:

Show the link to this post Ruff start
May 27th, 2018 at 7:46pm

Been having lots of problems so far this season.  Cry
Brought my old fw190 to break in new eme35. 3rd trip and still not fired up. The fuel port broke and would not pass gas  Roll Eyes replaced with T fitting, last week I had to leave for work. Today i get to field and find battery wire broken at the bec Cry oack that away.

My general sport go to plane that always works has been only problems.
Been having issue with throttle response. Goes to idle and stops working.
Thought I had interference at first as throttle stopped working in flight, then once down everything stopped. Re-positioned antenas and all looks good.
Next weekend throttle issues again. Everything else still works.
Got it home and thought servo lead pulled out of rx a little. Pushed on it and powered up plane. All works and throttle too Smiley secured the servo leads better.
Today throttle stopped again going downwind so brought it down in the field. Broke the H stab  Embarrassed
After getting it back to pits to pack it I powered the plan to see what throttle was doing. This time rx would not bind and it seemed the ignition was firing every second.  Huh
Pulled the ign kill switch from rx and the rx binded right away and everything including throttle worked. Guess i found the problem....nope.
Once home i replaced the ignition, but rx wont bind, replace the kill switch. All worked for a min. Re-powered and rx not binding again. Pulled servo lead from rx for the kill switch again, binds immediately.
Replaced the rx and a few test seem all good...so far...

So start to look at adding braces to h-stab. I discover h-stab is foam core with balsa sheeting as only support i can tell.  Sad

Will need to build a new tail, just wondering if it is worth it since it is old and beat up.

Oh and i had elevator servo go on my foamy last week too. Only it died slow so i was able to land, little hard but no damsge.

IP Logged

Fingers
YaBB Moderator
I still got all five!
Your a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a Star

Forum User

LastOn: Yesterday
Join: Mar 22nd, 2010

Dartmouth
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Awards: 3
Post 2Yr AwardAvon RC flyers MemberTop Poster Award

Mood:

Show the link to this post Re: Ruff start
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2018 at 7:17am

Lotta bad stuff Marc. Question, aside from the stab the rest sounds electrical. How old is the radio?  Rx not binding is perhaps a symptom. Is Rx bad or Tx bad?
Brand?
Is flight pack good, with good wires, or has it got an problem that affects the Rx?

Karma is everything

IP Logged

yorcram
Club Member
Your a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a Star

Forum User

LastOn: Apr 15th, 2024
Join: Mar 12th, 2015

Sackville,NS
Awards: 1
Avon RC flyers Member

Mood:

Reply #2 - May 28th, 2018 at 8:28pm

I haven't had time to investgate further today. Just home from work so chilling.
but i think it is only the rx that is bad, at least one chan.
On foamy servo got hot to touch and stutters. Other issue caused by me jerking too hard separating battery from bec, not the first time i have done that.
I use futaba j8, 6 years old i think.sure hope that is not the cause.

IP Logged

Fingers
YaBB Moderator
I still got all five!
Your a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a Star

Forum User

LastOn: Yesterday
Join: Mar 22nd, 2010

Dartmouth
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Awards: 3
Post 2Yr AwardAvon RC flyers MemberTop Poster Award

Mood:

Reply #3 - May 28th, 2018 at 9:40pm

One stuttering servo, stripped gear? Have you tried it on other channels from the throttle? If the servo stutters, replace it.
Try all channels on the bench, with single servo. then try all servos on the bench.
If memory serves me (quiet glen) there used to be an instrument, besides the spectrum analyzer, that could honk or beep or something if the signal from a channel was bad...look into that.

Karma is everything

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Facebook Twitter Google Digg del.icio.us reddit Linked in MySpace StumbleUpon Yahoo
Send Topic Print

Link to This Topic