Welcome to our Forum, Guest.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Help/FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions. You may have to Login or Register, before you can post: click the register link below to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Welcome to the Avon RC Flyer's Forum.

Random Quote: An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world. A pessimist fears that this is true.

Gallery Home Page

NEWS:
See our new field weather station!
  Home Weather Network Avon Field Weather Field Wind Speed Field Orientation Gallery Home Gallery Pictures MembersLoginRegisterAwardsQuizzesGuestbookContactHelp  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Saturday's Results (Read 8,230 times)

Fingers
YaBB Moderator
I still got all five!
Your a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a Star

Forum User

LastOn: Today
Join: Mar 22nd, 2010

Dartmouth
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Awards: 3
Post 2Yr AwardAvon RC flyers MemberTop Poster Award

Mood:

Show the link to this post Saturday's Results
Sep 1st, 2013 at 3:26pm

2013 Windsor Scale Aerobatics

Well, it seems Windsor had the only real good weather in the area yesterday, although driving through fog and drizzle to get there sure wasn’t promising. Skies sunny, wind zip, temperatures “OH MY”!  Spoiler alert - if the thermometer in the shelter is reading 35 deg, you can bet the “Johnny on the Spot” will be considerably hotter.....don’t linger!!

Fuelled with copious quantities of Timmies coffee, The Cool man kept the flight line humming, and we managed 4 rounds of Sportsman and Intermediate. Basic had only one participant, Dayle Smith, and after 2 rounds and  lunch he decided to sit the rest of the day out.

Overall, there were 11 pilots flying in the 2013 Windsor Scale Aerobatics contest. They were: Alan Coolen, Ben Lann, Brandon Smith, Chris Garrett, all the way down from New Brunswick, Dayle Smith, Grant Beaver, Kelly Dorry, Mike Notley, Paul Sinnis, Sandy McInnis and Todd Fowler. We flew a grand total of 240 judged sequences.

Ben Lann, with a very nice electric, won the Sportsman class. There were 4 pilots in Sportsman. The winning order was: (1) Ben Lann, (2) Brandon Smith, (3) Todd Fowler and (4) Chris Garrett. They flew 8 known sequences (4 rounds). The scores ranged from a low of 4,789.6 to a high of 6,000 (a range of 1,210.4 points).

Kelly Doary won the Intermediate class. There were 6 pilots in Intermediate. The winning order was: (1) Kelly Dorry, (2) Alan Coolen, (3) Paul Sinnis, (4) Grant Beaver, (5) Mike Notley and (6) Sandy McInnis. They flew 8 known sequences (4 rounds). The scores ranged from a low of 2,336.1 to a high of 6,000 (a range of 3,663.9 points).

The tightest competition was for 3rd place in the Intermediate class, with only 155.7 points difference between Paul Sinnis and Grant Beaver.

Tim Horton’s of Windsor very kindly provided an urn of coffee at the start of the day (thanks Everett for picking that up), Generosity like that is always appreciated, and the coffee was very welcome first thing in the morning when it was a bit chilly, and a bit damp, at the field. It also generated  much of Al’s enthusiasm, ( 7 cups? 8? 9?) keeping the rest of us going all day.The Avon club hosted the lunch, and burgers and sausages were plentiful (thanks guys).

Personal thanks go to Kathy Garrett for helping out with the data entry. Without her help the results would have been somewhat later being printed.
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2013 at 3:28pm by Fingers »  

Karma is everything

IP Logged

stryker
Trainer Box
Your a Star

Forum User

LastOn: Jan 6th, 2019
Join: Aug 5th, 2011

New Glasgow
Zodiac sign: Scorpio

Mood:

Show the link to this post Re: Saturday's Results
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 3:42pm

An awesome day of flying.  Great job guys.

IP Logged

al
Aerobatic Pilot
Your a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a Star

Forum User

LastOn: Mar 22nd, 2024
Join: Apr 26th, 2012

Zodiac sign: Aries

Mood:

Reply #2 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 5:20pm

so I hope you shot some photos to go with that  nice little report and will send it all to cato sandy.  if you hurry you might even make the current newsletter.  Grin

weather was also excellent at ASRCM yesterday and at the stanley fly in where I spent a very enjoyable day.
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2013 at 5:22pm by al »  

IP Logged

Fingers
YaBB Moderator
I still got all five!

Forum User

Dartmouth

Mood:

Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 7:11pm

report already gone AL...... however I was too busy on the computer to take pics....I'll try and steal some from the gallery

Karma is everything

IP Logged

Ben Lann
Aerobatic Pilot

Forum User

LastOn: Aug 11th, 2023
Join: Aug 15th, 2011

New Glasgow, NS
Zodiac sign: Aries

Mood:

Reply #4 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:33pm

Another awesome competition guys!  Thanks Avon for hosting!  Shame we never got a group photo.  Cry
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2013 at 10:34pm by Ben Lann »  
http://www.facebook.com/ben.lann  
IP Logged

Danster
Club Member

Forum User

LastOn: Feb 10th, 2019
Join: Mar 20th, 2010

Truro, Nova Scotia
Zodiac sign: Capricorn
Avon RC flyers MemberPost 2Yr AwardJet Pilot Award

Mood:

Reply #5 - Sep 1st, 2013 at 11:43pm

Sorry to have missed it but I had work to do. Sandy, my math must be off, how do you come up with 240 judged sequences? B-4, S-32, I-48 = (84?)

IP Logged

Brian
3D Pilot
Your a StarYour a StarYour a Star

Forum User

LastOn: Jan 2nd, 2016
Join: Nov 20th, 2011

St. Margarets Bay
Zodiac sign: Cancer

Mood:

Reply #6 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 7:09am

Me Too!

I've been too busy this summer trying to wrap up my business and move to PEI...

Anyone want to buy a house?

Next year hopefully.....

Brian

IP Logged

Fingers
YaBB Moderator
I still got all five!

Forum User

Dartmouth

Mood:

Reply #7 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 3:20pm

Danster wrote on Sep 1st, 2013 at 11:43pm:
Sorry to have missed it but I had work to do. Sandy, my math must be off, how do you come up with 240 judged sequences? B-4, S-32, I-48 = (84?)

Don't think your arithmetic is off, but you have to talk to the designer of  the Score program Dan... I just print the report, then edit it to personalize it a bit, then post it. Suppose it's possible that when you clear an older contest (Truro) the individual flight scores get swept but the total flight tally stays.... who knows. And since I haven't programmed since the good ol' COBOL days, doubt if i could figure it out  Smiley

Karma is everything

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Facebook Twitter Google Digg del.icio.us reddit Linked in MySpace StumbleUpon Yahoo
Send Topic Print

Link to This Topic