Welcome to our Forum, Guest.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Help/FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions. You may have to Login or Register, before you can post: click the register link below to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Welcome to the Avon RC Flyer's Forum.

Random Quote: I like you. You remind me of when I was young and inexperienced.

Gallery Home Page

NEWS:
See our new field weather station!
  Home Weather Network Avon Field Weather Field Wind Speed Field Orientation Gallery Home Gallery Pictures MembersLoginRegisterAwardsQuizzesGuestbookContactHelp  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Runnways (Read 1,418 times)

Grant
Club Member
Stone Age Crew
Your a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a Star

Forum User

LastOn: Today
Join: Aug 29th, 2011

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Awards: 1
Avon RC flyers Member

Mood:

Show the link to this post Runnways
May 25th, 2012 at 8:14pm

Hi Guys
Some ideas have suggested about moving the pit and parking lot. A lot of work .
Been thinking,most of the time you are being push in by the wind on the west east runnway.  Why not in time turn the runnway slightly to the north.It could stay the way it is but turn it counterclock wise a bit.This wouild now make it more southwest by northeast.
By doing this you would be avoiding the property on the right.Of course you would also twist the pilots stations a bit. Just a thought as we are soon going to put gravel down at the fence.
Only some ramblings but I do know that I am using a lot of left rudder when I come in over the dirt road and trench to stay away from the pilot stations.

Here is another thing to think about .We do not have a start up area. We use the pitt area. That is fine but I have noticed in the past few weeks  a lot more traffic in the pitt area.The last thing we would want to happen is someone getting hurt or damaged to another person 's plane.

Now don't all you guys pick on me at the same time. Remember I'm from the stone age crew and we did things different back then.

Grant

IP Logged

Grant
Club Member
Stone Age Crew
Your a StarYour a StarYour a StarYour a Star

Forum User

LastOn: Today
Join: Aug 29th, 2011

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Awards: 1
Avon RC flyers Member

Mood:

Show the link to this post Re: Runnways
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2012 at 8:35pm

Forgot to mention that by flying a little more to the norteast and southeast there is more open space.
The west end would not have to move but the east end would point more to the north.Like Bruce said the other day you would have the to contend with th sun later in the day.
Grant

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Facebook Twitter Google Digg del.icio.us reddit Linked in MySpace StumbleUpon Yahoo
Send Topic Print

Link to This Topic